Orbitals is a programme that takes four curators and arts researchers from or living in the Arab world to an international location in the Global South to learn about a different artistic context than the ones they are familiar with and share their knowledge with their communities. During the one-week guided research trip, the participants, along with members of Mophradat’s team, meet and share experiences with peers from the art scenes they are visiting.
This year’s edition will take place between 4-14 December 4 2023 and will be an introduction to the art scene in Dakar, Senegal. The participants will travel together for a programme of meetings with artists and curators, as well as visits to art organisations and initiatives. Mophradat will provide flights, travel insurance, accommodation and per diems, and reimburse visa costs.
- Applicants must be from or living in the Arab world.
- Applicants must be curators, researchers in a field of contemporary arts, and/or artists whose practice extends into forms of public programming (all disciplines are welcome).
- Applicants must have at least eight years’ professional work experience in a field of contemporary arts, and be able to demonstrate prior experience working on international projects, exchange, or collaboration in their home country or abroad.
- Applicants must be engaged in a specific project that they are developing.
- Applicants must be available to participate for the entire duration of the trip, and commit to taking part in all its activities and complete schedule.
- Applicants must provide their CV, and a portfolio including documentation of three previous projects.