CFW is calling for expressions of interest to recruit a coordinator for the project ‘Deconfining arts, culture and policies in Europe and Africa’.
The project aims to create new equal cultural ties between Europe and Africa by developing a model of sustainable reference cooperation which can then be extended to other regions of the world.
Building on the close collaboration between the two continents and the integration of their Capitals of Culture programmes, the project will bring together cultural practitioners, policymakers, performing artists, media/visual artists, universities and audiences from both continents to explore and demonstrate new ways of intercontinental artistic and cultural (political) cooperation and to contribute to a better understanding of confinement patterns from different points of view with an intercontinental perspective. All this with the aim of freeing oneself from paternalistic and colonialist visions in favour of a strong participatory attitude and offering better access and better information for intercontinental mobility and transnational co-creation. This project has obtained a grant from the Creative Europe Programme.
As part of his/her duties, the coordinator is notably entrusted with the following responsibilities:
Coordination of project implementation.
- Help design the implementation and monitoring plan. Ensure the execution of activities and the production of deliverables.
- Represent the project.
- Monitor the progress of activities with consultants.
- Ensure the communication and visibility of the project.
- Develop and produce narrative and financial reports.
Skills and qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and creative sector in the region.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in leading/participating in European projects.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Excellent synthesis and writing skills.
- Communication and coordination skills.
Salary: 1200 EUR. Contract duration: 24 months.