The Zeitzeug_festival will take place in Bochum, Germany from 9-12 September 2021. The goal is to provide a networking platform for young artists who are on the threshold of professional work.
The organisers are looking for contributions from various artistic genres such as theatre, performance art, exhibitions, lecture, performance, intervention, installation or digital art.
This year’s theme is HABITAT – a term which evokes biological as well as sociological approaches. The idea is to conceive of the term in many different ways and to think of our existence as being a part of the physical as well as the digital sphere, the public as well as the private space.
Your artwork might give an answer to one of the following questions or cast light on another aspect important to you:
- How do we live? How do we aspire to live?
- What is life like when you do not have your own private place?
- Who decides about our way of life?
- How do we explore private places?
- How do we deal with our immediate resources?
- What distinguishes the digital from the analogue space?
- How is the public and social space constructed?
- What are the political, social and financial factors that create (social) spaces?
Please make sure to be available on at least three of the four festival days. The festival offers accommodation, food, travel and expense allowance for the festival period.