Applications are now open for the Autumn School 2023 in International Cultural Relations. The school will take place from 16-18 September 2023, at the Pontignano Abbey in Siena, Italy. The organisers are seeking approximately 20 participants, including young researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to join them for advanced training in the field.
The school has a specific focus on the role of international cultural relations in times of crises. The programme is meant to enhance participants’ knowledge of international cultural relations, strengthen practical skills, and allow them to experience innovative learning methodologies.
The Autumn School programme combines different formats in order to maximise learning potential:
- Participatory lectures given by scholars and professionals in the field.
- Dedicated workshops with experienced practitioners.
- An innovative role-playing simulation on the practice of International Cultural Relations.
- Design thinking sessions during which participants will reflect, brainstorm and exchange ideas.
- Social activities and opportunities to expand participants’ academic and professional network.
The Autumn School 2023 is open to graduate students, PhD students, and young professionals coming from any country. Participants are expected to have full command of English.
The school usually has an admission fee of €250, but several scholarships will be awarded which offer a full fee waiver and reimbursement of travel expenses up to a maximum of €150. The school will cover the lodging and board expenses of all participants, who will reside at the Certosa di Pontignano.