transeuropa, a European Festival for Performing Arts based in Hildesheim, Germany will take place from 25-30 May 2021, celebrating its tenth anniversary.
The festival are looking for six guest-performances – open to the full range of the performing arts, and also to related art forms or works that have a transdisciplinary approach.
In order to react to the pandemic and the restrictions that shape current work, the festival will adapt to the structural and programmatic space that artists now have to manoeuvre within, and follow safety precautions to prevent further spread of SARS-CoV-19. Therefore, the festival is keen to find art that takes place digitally or works in a decentralised way, without the need for travel or the physical presence of artists and audience. But ultimately the festival will respond the situation in May 2021, and transform the festival’s structure as much as required to make an on-site- festival in Hildesheim possible. Possible forms might be one-on-one performances with acrylic glass walls, solo audio guided walks, the individual use of VR-technology at home and much more.
The festival are looking for artists:
- Who are on the verge of becoming professional artists.
- Who live and work in Europe.
- Who consider their piece performing art.
- Who deal with the festivals thoughts and questions in their piece, responding to the theme for 2021, ‘Enter the Collective Vision’.
- Whose piece is adaptable to the rules of distance and hygiene.
The festival would particularly like to encourage artists who are black, indigenous, artists of colour, or artists who identify as trans and/or nonbinary to apply.
The festival can offer:
- A salary.
- If necessary, and if safety measures allow, a travel fee.
- If necessary, food during the festival.