With its new mentorship programme, developed in a pilot phase, the EU project Room to Bloom aims to provide a boost to emerging feminist artists’ international visibility and careers and an opportunity for them to work in a growing network in Palermo and Europe. Throughout the programme the Room to Bloom Community and mentors accompany emerging artists in their professional development.
The mentorship programme includes:
- One-week programme in Palermo (5-11 December 2022) which includes visits in the city, mentor-led sessions, artist talks and networking sessions.
- Access in January 2023 to choose one online mentorship session from an offered catalogue, designed on the basis of the competencies and interests of the mentors. It can be technical sessions or a discussion about artistic practices.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Be interested in developing feminist and ecological / postcolonial art practices.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be available on all the dates of the programme and to participate in the online sessions.
- Track record of work in the field of art through reflection on key topics of the programme such as ecofeminism and postcolonial feminism, but also migration, gender theory, and climate justice.
The travel grant for artists travelling from Europe is 300 EUR max or 150 EUR max for artists travelling from Italy. For those who need accommodation in Palermo, the organisers will accommodate participants in a local hostel with double, triple and quadruple rooms depending on availability.