Spot on Economies focuses on economies as crucial crossroads between social, ecological, and political futures. Over the course of two weeks (1-17 October 2021), PACT Zollverein opens its whole house for a collaborative residential research phase framed by a public programme of notable lectures and workshops. Diverse research groups will be invited to share and develop their ideas, questions, and proposals in a transdisciplinary way with other scholars, artists, practitioners and activists.
For Spot on Economies, PACT welcome research proposals from the fields of political economy, art, cultural work, activism, organisation studies, journalism, technology, social sciences and humanities.
The selected groups will be awarded a residency over the full period. This offers the opportunity to start or to continue your research trajectories at PACT and involve others with whom you can review, inform and extend your own practice.
A residency incorporates the following:
- Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.).
- Local accommodation.
- Weekly grant allowance of 500 € for all of the residency project participants. (max. 4 people per group).
- Travel costs (subject to prior agreement).*
- Joint encounters, studio visits, talks and presentations (at short notice and subject to agreement).
* The least environmentally harmful means of transport available should be chosen.