Nordic Music Days is a festival presenting Nordic contemporary music and sound. The next edition of Nordic Music Days takes place in Glasgow from 30 October – 3 November 2024. The festival is a collaboration between Scotland and the Nordics, with the ambition to build long-lasting, sustainable partnerships between musical organisations, communities and creative individuals.
Nordic Music Days 2024 invites all composers and artists associated with Scotland and the Nordic countries to submit one work or proposal on the theme of ‘Word of Mouth’ to one of the festival’s six open call categories:
- Orchestral works.
- Small scale or solo works for ensembles or small groups.
- Installation works.
- Proposals for young, mixed ability players.
- Proposals for work presented outdoors, in nature.
- Proposals for creating work at a distance without travelling.
For selected works, the festival offers:
- Fees for relevant rehearsal and performance/installation set up and take down and travel and accommodation costs.
- A commission fee.
- Visibility and networking within the Nordic/Scottish music
- sector, and to an invited list of programmers and curators from across Europe.