MUSA - European young Musicians soft Skills Alliance is a two-year innovative European project of professional training dedicated to young string quartets composed by musicians aged 20-35, who focus on the classical chamber music repertoire.
The project aims at providing young string quartets with knowledge, skills and competences of entrepreneurship which are generally absent in their curriculum, although fundamental for their professional career.
The call for applications is now open for the second stage of MUSA in Lisbon, Portugal, from 24-31 October 2021, when four string quartets will experience a week of artistic residency at the National Palace of Mafra and MAAT Museum in Lisbon. During this period they will also participate in a week of professional training and perform in spectacular places.
Benefits for selected applicants
- Free access to the 5-day workshop curated by experimentadesign (with accommodation, meals and travel expenses covered).
- One-week residency at the National Palace of Mafra and MAAT Museum in Lisbon.
- Development of transversal skills useful for the ensemble career path and personal growth.
- Exchanges with arts professionals and other string quartets.
- Enhancement of professional and personal international network.
- Visibility within a European project that involves important partners in the arts field.
- Opportunities to perform in renowned cultural cities.
- The MUSA Workshops and Residencies are exclusively addressed to string quartets.
- The Call is open to ensembles formed by musicians of the following nationalities: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.
- The age of each member of the quartet must be between 20 and 35 years old in June 2021.
- Participant musicians plan to develop their music career as members of a string quartet: in June 2021, the string quartet must be the main focus of their professional life.
- Participant quartets should plan to keep the same four members over the following years.