Located in the village of Racoş in Brașov County, maGma is an artistic context for mentorship, creation, research and presentation in which artists are encouraged to experiment, collaborate, work in an interdisciplinary way and focus on the work process, without the pressure of a final result.
The open call for the maGma artistic residency programme is international and is aimed at individual artists working in any field. The five programme mentors will each choose two artists who will create together between 10-20 July 2022 and present their creations during a showcase from 22-24 July 2022. Artists must be available between 10-24 July 2022 to work in the village of Racoş. No predefined projects are required. The organisers are looking for artists who are interested in interdisciplinary, interactive, site-specific creations and who are willing to work collaboratively, to work with the unknown, to adapt to space, to experiment.
- Fee and production budget of 700 euros in the form of a copyright contract.
- Transport up to 60 euros.
- Accommodation in Racoş village.
- One meal a day.
- A multimedia file presenting the works carried out in the residence.
- Presentation and promotion of works within the maGma showcase between 22-24 July 2022.