The konS – Platform for Contemporary Investigative Art project aims to promote breakthrough artistic creations and establish a production environment where art ideation can be translated into recommendations for the innovation of better, safer, more sustainable and ethical products and services.
With this open call, konS plan to support up to 5 art productions of contemporary investigative art. Thematically, project proposals should be based on premises such as:
- Artistic thematisation of life sciences (biology, evolutionary biology, biotechnology, synthetic biology, civil pharmacology, non-institutionalised medicine, and others).
- Artistic thematisation of artificial intelligence or machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, neural networks, etc.
- Quantum computing, quantum mechanics, quantum biology, etc.
- Signal processing (telecommunications, space radiation, light, sound, etc.).
- Robotics (zoo robots, anthropomorphic robots, functional and non-functional robots, social robots, etc.).
- Tactical media (privacy, security, ethics, civilian anti-weapons, etc.).
- Bioacoustics, acoustic ecology, etc.
The art projects may already be in progress or they can be brand new, however they must be completed during the term of the financial mechanism (no later than April 2022). The value of financial support for each project is estimated at no more than 15,000 EUR. The funds are intended to cover the costs of development and realisation of an artwork (material costs, productions costs, fees for the artist/s and expert collaborators, transport of work, travel and accommodation costs etc.)
Production of selected artworks will be carried out in thematic laboratories of konS partners and will be assisted by associate partners (Universities of Ljubljana, Maribor and Nova Gorica) and the project konS associate research and scientific laboratories and institutes (National Institute of Chemistry, Jožef Stefan Institute, and others).