The project JaWo Music Residencies is aimed at 20 emerging musicians/authors connected to the European jazz / world music scene.
The general objective of the project is to create, for the 20 selected musicians, learning opportunities from acclaimed professionals in the jazz / world-music field; to increase the ability to create and write music, including through particular methodologies for the exchange of knowledge and international collaborations between the selected musicians; and to promote an intersectoral network between the various players in the music market linked to the jazz and world music sphere.
The project activities will be divided into 5 phases:
- Selection of 20 musicians/authors at European level; April, May, June 2021.
- Online campus for exchange and co-creation (10 days with tutors and musical coaches) June/July 2021.
- Free online co-creation session supported by musical coaches (two months) August-September 2021.
- In-person co-production training for the 20 selected musicians (South Italy – Benevento Province) (10 days) September/October 2021.
- Promotion and dissemination of project and musical products within festivals, reviews, fairs dedicated to Jazz and world music throughout Europe.
- Evaluation and summary of the whole experience, October – December 2021 and January – March 2022.
There is no cost for participation in the programme, and any travel, accommodation and subsistence costs are covered by the organisers. Applicants must be residing in Europe and must belong to a disadvantaged group – migrant, having economic or social disadvantage, etc.