HIAP – Helsinki International Artist Programme invites Nordic and Baltic art practitioners to apply for residencies in HIAP Suomenlinna in autumn 2021 and spring and summer 2022. The HIAP Residency Programme focuses on visual art but is open for art professionals from other disciplines as well. The programme offers time and space for open-ended research and experimentation, without the requirement to produce finalised work. The Nordic and Baltic residencies are realised with the support of the Nordic-Baltic Mobility Programme for Culture by Nordic Culture Point.
The residency includes accommodation and working space free of charge, a working grant of 40€ per day (approximately 1200€ per month), a production budget of 1000€ and travel costs. The residents will have access to services such as weekly residency community meetings, access to facilities and equipment, meetings with a supporting curator and the possibility to take part in the HIAP Open Studios event which normally takes place towards the end of each residency season.
Family members are welcome in all locations. Please note that pets are not allowed in the rooms.
The duration of the residency is three months. The programme at HIAP is divided into three residency seasons:
- Autumn 2021 (September 2021 – November 2021).
- Spring (March 2022 – May 2022).
- Summer (June 2022 – August 2022).
The applicants can state their preferred residency period(s) in the application form.
Applications are accepted from:
- Artists and other art professionals of Nordic or Baltic nationality that reside in the Nordic region (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, the Åland Islands), the Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) or abroad
- Artists and other art professionals who are based in Nordic and Baltic countries (Nordic or Baltic nationality is not required)
- Please note that the aim is to encourage mobility from another Nordic or Baltic country to Finland, therefore the call is not for Finland-based practitioners.
Individual artists, collectives or artist duos are welcome to apply. In case of an artist duo, collective or group, the apartment or atelier apartment needs to be shared among the members.