Eurozine is seeking a Managing director (40 h/week) for its Vienna office.
Eurozine is an online magazine and a network of Europe’s leading cultural journals from 35 countries. They are looking to hire a dynamic managing director with a passion for cultural publishing and dedication to fair and transparent leadership.
- Fundraising: identify and communicate with prospective public and private funders, including foundations; prepare funding applications and reports.
- Strategy development for co-operations, business models and public relations.
- Budgetary supervision and controlling.
- Human resources management.
- Managing projects and optimizing processes.
- Communication and networking with international partners.
- Managing copyright issues.
- Representing the organisation.
- Higher education in human sciences, social sciences and/or economics.
- Professional background in cultural or science management.
- Native-level German proficiency, excellent English; additional language proficiencies are a plus.
- Outstanding communication and cooperation skills; team player, competent leader.
- Demonstrated ability to organise workflow.
- Highly motivated and ready to take initiative.
- Familiarity with Austrian cultural, funding and administrative context is a plus.
- Experience with the digitisation of management tools and digital accounting is an advantage.
If you want to participate in the making of intellectual debates, join an ambitious and cordial team in an internationally renowned not-for-profit organisation: Eurozine offers an intellectually stimulating, international working environment with opportunities to travel. The employment includes full social security coverage in line with Austrian regulations and 25 vacation days per year.
The gross annual salary for this full-time position (40 h/week) is 42,000 EUR.