The European Music Managers Alliance was formed in 2018 to provide a collective voice for managers. They have recently run a very successful mentoring programme connecting managers across 10 European countries to build their knowledge and develop their artists’ businesses. They have also engaged actively in the European streaming debate and are campaigning for a fairer, more transparent music industry. To achieve their ambitions in 2021 they hope to hire an Executive Director, initially on a 6 month part-time contract to help increase their visibility in European Policy debates and secure ongoing funding. They hope that this will grow and develop into a full time role in the longer term.
EMMA actively welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and they comply with the European Charter for Fundamental Rights.
The Executive Director of EMMA will take on and develop the following activities in the organisation:
On a strategic level:
- Together with the Board, reviews EMMA strategy and priorities. This plan includes an operational and communications plan.
- Develops a lobbying strategy and network on these priority topics.
- Develops the EMMA network with other (European) associations.
- Develops the EMMA network within Brussels, focusing on MEPs, members of the European Commission, other relevant policymakers and music industry reps (IFPI, IMPALA, ECSA etc).
- Leads the expansion of the membership of the association.
- Develops a sustainable financing strategy for the association, consisting of, amongst others, a sponsorship strategy, a funding strategy and third party financing.
On an operational level:
- Works 2 – 3 days per week and is the main contact point for the board, the members and external parties.
- Is the main driving force behind the organisation; in collaboration with the board and according to the strategic plan, the ED will lead on the day to day operations of the organisation and is responsible for pushing this forward.
- Together with the board, represents EMMA in media, conferences and other relevant opportunities.
- Shows a commitment to diversity and inclusion to support the wider management community across Europe.
- With the board’s input prepares the agenda and chairs the bi-weekly EMMA board meeting.
- Is supported by a freelance communications manager and a secretariat.