The EPFL (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne) College of Humanities artist residency is a new programme that aims to foster transdisciplinary encounters and collaborations between artists and EPFL’s scientific community. Four artists will be selected for 3-4 month residencies at the EPFL.
The programme invites applications under four paths:
- Open Transdisciplinary, for artists who aim to explore techno-scientific possibility using diverse approaches, with no restrictions in terms of media.
- Wearable Technologies, exploring the potential of apparel technology and wearable accessories to imagine the next generation of smart wearables.
- Interface Design and Animation, which aims to explore, reinvent, and question the new frontiers of interface design and their applications in prosthetics and robotics.
- Scientific Imaging for artists whose practice already manifests an interest in emerging imaging technologies, CGI, digital practices, and visual arts more broadly who can submit a project proposal to be developed in collaboration with the EPFL Center for Imaging.
- Travel costs and accommodation within the Lausanne region. Preferably, applicants will reside in the region during the entire period of the residency.
- A monthly stipend/flat fee for living expenses (of CHF 1500).
- A production budget (of max CHF 15,000).
- Curatorial mentoring and supervision during the entire duration, including the final presentation of the project.
The organisers welcome projects from emerging and established artists in diverse fields: visual and media arts; film, digital, mixed-media and imaging; musical composition, sound, and experimental forms of music; experimental design; literature and critical and speculative writing.