Within the framework of the long-term project Visual Arts (V.A.) Initiator of Eleusis 2023 European Capital of Culture, Delta Pi announces an open call for artists from the field of visual arts in public space (installation, video art, performance, sculpture, etc.).
The second edition of the artist-in-residence programme focuses on the concept of ‘Initiation as Methodology’ and is planned to take place in two phases, June-July and October 2021. The selected artists are invited to stay, experiment and conceive a site-responsive project in the city of Elefsina, under the guidance and supervision of Delta Pi’s collaborating institutions: Yellow Brick, Eight and Snehta Residency.
The main goal of this programme is to introduce emerging artists to site-specific and site-responsive artistic practices, along with the support of an experienced curatorial team, in order to offer them the opportunity to experiment with small and medium-scale projects in the public space. The realisation of artistic projects emphasises the production process as a result of the relations that are shaped among the city, its citizens and the Greek and international artists. The participants will embark on this project in an attempt to track the ‘deep’ past, in order to discover parallel conditions and new entering points for the present and near future, around the core concept of: Initiation as Methodology.
The programme is divided into two phases:
- Phase A (27 June 7 July 2021), during which participants will have the opportunity to connect with the local community, and interact with the mentors, who will have prepared a support programme consisting of panel discussions, presentations, talks, workshops.
- Phase B (1-17 October 2021), when participants will work on the in-situ production of their art project leading to the final project presentation.
The programme covers all the costs below:
- Travel costs to and from Elefsina (a total of 4 transportations).
- Accommodation expenses and per diems for both intervals of the artist-in-residence programme.
- 1000€ artistic fee (via employment or Invoice).
- Up to 1000€ production costs for the creation of a new original piece of work.
- Material support and expert human resources.
- Curatorial support and artistic consulting by the institutional partners and the organisers.
- Access to working spaces for the preparation/creation of the piece of work.
- Promotion on official social media accounts, website and partners’ newsletters.
- Audiovisual recording of the programme and the exhibition.