The School of Advanced Studies in Social Sciences (EHESS) offers one-month residency grants at the Maison des Chercheurs located at Campus Condorcet for artists (candidates should have permanent residence outside the French territory) to support their engagement in a collaboration with researchers based at EHESS.
The residencies, for a total duration of four weeks, and any fieldwork missions shall take place between March 2023 and November 2023 (except over the summer period, i.e. July and August).
Artist and researcher duos apply with a predefined project. The work produced by means of this collaboration is intended to be multidisciplinary, and it should emphasise the articulation of social sciences with the issues of innovative and creative narratives.
The laureates are thus offered the opportunity to involve themselves in Campus Condorcet project, an intellectual and artistic hub located only fifteen minutes by metro from Paris city centre, and partake in the new dynamic of the urban and cultural development of the Paris Metropolis.
The residency grants include:
- For artists: transportation fees, accommodation at the Maison des Chercheurs of Campus Condorcet and a flat-rate mobility allowance equivalent to one month’s stay as part of the
- Visiting Professorship programme (between 3700 and 4000 euros for a 28-day period).
- For researchers: coverage of mission expenses for a maximum of a one-month fieldwork, as well as compensation of the expenses related to accommodation in case researchers reside outside the Ile-de-France region (transportation if necessary, per diem).
- If the selected projects involve fieldwork, CRESS will cover the costs of the artists’ and researchers’ fieldworks for a period up to a month.
- A budget intended to cover the practical needs generated by the project (space rentals, material, equipment, etc.) may be allocated. An estimate of these additional costs should be provided.