The Cultural Relations Platform is an EU funded Platform, set up with the overall objective to foster an increased role for culture in EU’s external relations through engagement with cultural operators worldwide for better knowledge and understanding of the EU’s principles and policies.
Three main purposes will guide the activities of the future Platform:
- To provide support/technical assistance on cultural policy in external relations and international cultural cooperation via studies, mappings, trainings on cultural policy, working meetings with representatives of local cultural operators, etc.
- To organise a yearly training programme for cultural leaders (the location being in Europe) and regional ad-hoc trainings of similar nature (the location being outside Europe).
- To support cooperation among cultural and creative sectors via provision of specialised services (participation in book fairs, performing arts markets/ meetings, networking activities, curatorship for events, trainings, organisation of festivals’ side events, etc.).
A Communication Expert is sought for a 12 month renewable freelance contract to work on the project.
- Overall responsibility for the communications coordination (internal and external) of the Cultural Relations Platform in close cooperation with the Project coordination and the project officers.
- Developing publications and information documents that showcase the Platform’s activities.
- Gathering relevant inputs and development of contents for digital tools, including news articles and best practices in international cultural relations to be published and promoted on social media on a regular basis.
- Active development and management of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr and YouTube) by drafting and publishing regular posts.
- Monitor all website and social media feeds and produce periodical reports (every 6 months) including gathering statistics and data regarding engagement and outreach, while enhancing social media performance.
- Develop a deeper understanding and conduct analyses into the Platform’s specific audience across its different online platforms to assist in developing a stronger communication strategy for the Platform’s publications and posts.
- Design of institutional documents, reviews and research publications and the production of impactful infographics for printed and online publications.
- Contribute to the development of clear and high quality presentation materials for use at conferences, workshops, web presentations and meetings.
- Contribute to planning and organising the Platform’s events: online and offline events’ production and follow-up, and any other meeting linked to the project: managing/supervising logistic aspects, working closely with the partners and involved stakeholders.
- Draft and edit video scripts as required.