Xi·Art Museum is located in Lucitopia Town, Fuzhou City, Jiangxi Province, China. A wall-less open-air art museum, it is planned along a 7km stream in the valleys of Zixi Qingliang Mountain. With a tranquil and pleasant environment, it resembles another time and another world. Lying at the foot of the Wuyi Mountains on their northern side, it is about two hours’ drive from the urban centre of Fuzhou.
The Xi·Art Museum is currently in its infancy. Among its initial activities are the Generative Project, which focuses on open, growing, and participatory art practices and field research processes. Through long-term exchanges and cooperation with domestic and international artists, the Generative Project roots artistic creations in specific natural fields and contexts, in which the creative works will be permanently preserved and displayed.
Applications are now sought from artists for the 2020-21 Generative Project, which takes the theme ‘Fantasy Land’.
The programme is open to:
- Artists working in the field of contemporary art practice and natural research. Open to different disciplines.
- Artists, curators, designers and other creative practitioners with more than 3 years of experience.
- Young artists and creative groups in China and abroad.
- International/domestic round-trip flight tickets and transportation subsidy (no more than RMB 5,000 per person/group), lodging at appointed accommodations, shared studio space, and food (three meals per day).
- Selected works will be supported by the Project Material Grant (the amount of funding depends on the specific proposals).
- Professional support from project assistants during the residency process. Opportunities to participate in various exchange activities.
- The organisers encourage and assist applicants to apply for international cultural exchange funds to sponsor their proposals.
10-20 projects will be selected. Dates for the implementation will be agreed according to each proposal.