The International Choreographic Festival of Blois (Blois Danse) will take place in Blois, France, from 5-7 July 2024.
The Festival aims to bring the art of dance to the city of Blois, France and to democratise this art form by offering performances, dance short-film screenings, masterclasses, performance workshops, and community outreach events.
This festival is a platform for companies (both emerging and established) to produce their work and network with other international artists and potential supporters and programmers.
The festival is looking for six dance companies to present their work at the festival. All dance techniques are welcome. Both emerging and established companies/choreographers can apply.
3 different shows will be presented. The programme of the performances will be different each day and companies will have the opportunity to perform at 2 shows and present pieces no longer than 25 minutes.
The organisers ask each company to perform a different piece at each show (you will show 2 different pieces during the festival). Pieces must be suitable for all audiences (no nudity). Maximum of 4 dancers per company.
Each company taking part in the festival receives :
- 200€ per dancer.
- Up to 100€ per dancer to support travel costs.
- Hotel + breakfasts for all dancers.
- Pictures from the performances.
- Press coverage (previous editions of the festival included written press/TV/Radio).
- Gala evening with sponsors, press and politics, theatre programmers.
- Free pass to attend festival events.
- Opportunity to teach 2 masterclasses.