bb15 art space is seeking proposals for its 2023-2024 programme around the open-ended theme of friction. Friction is against sameness, the continuum, the immediate. An emerging friction defeats expectations, questions the agreement and is itchy. Frictioning implies resistance, going against a certain motion. bb15 is looking for projects that bring tension, distortion and counter-current into the flow of things.
bb15 is hosting a programme of exhibitions, performances, screenings, talks and happenings. They are open to original propositions that are site-specific, closely or loosely related to sound, and engaged with the theme of the open call.
- Installation/production residency for up to two weeks. bb15 can facilitate a few days more in case the artist(s) want to make specific research in Linz. The exhibition duration is 14 days.
- 800€ artist fee (also for collectives). Travel fees within Europe will be additionally covered. Artists will be provided with free accommodation in Linz. They will work within bb15 premises. Production material up to 200€ is covered with receipts.
- Possible periods: Spring 2023, Autumn 2023 or early 2024.
- bb15 will provide technical and curatorial support. They expect that the artist is able to work independently and has a clear plan for the implementation of their proposal, with production developed prior to the residency.
- bb15 will take care of the promotion of the exhibition.
- bb15 will give access to its technical equipment (projectors, speakers, media players, etc)
- They are looking for respectful, inclusive and thoughtful collaborations.
- bb15 favours train and bus trips over other means of transportation.