Amant’s NYC Residency Programme for international artists has three iterations – Fall, Winter, and Spring – and is the central focus of their in-house activities. Four artists’ studios enable practitioners to pursue their individual artistic goals while also being closely integrated into the organisation’s wider community programming during their three-month New York City visit.
Amant hosts artists at all stages of their careers and across a wide array of disciplines from the visual arts, literature, performance, filmmaking, and cultural theory with the singular belief that exchanging ideas and experiences about art production will enhance everyone’s work. The residents are actively encouraged to participate in workshops, presentations, and discussions in pursuit of that aim.
The residency welcomes applications from around the world from both emerging artists and from artists with professional standing in their field.
The residency comprises:
- Individual studios, a communal area and outdoor space. The studios are situated within the main building, which also includes exhibition galleries, a library/reading room and a performance space to carry out rehearsals and other activities.
- Return economy flights and airport transfers to NY.
- A monthly stipend of $3000 to offset the costs of accommodation, transport and day-to-day expenses. Amant studios are not residential.
- The opportunity to benefit from the expertise of the artistic team at Amant as being exposed to its exhibitions and event programmes. In this regard, the residents will be asked to do a public programme event during the course of the residency.
- Introducing residents through special meetings with local researchers and art professionals relevant to their needs, and access to a rich network of institutions in NY.