BASITA Fellowship is a 12-month programme that aims to equip 20 performing arts groups from different disciplines such as music, theatre, dance, and all types of spoken word, from the Middle East, with the necessary technical, managerial, marketing, and digital capacities to embark on their next level of their careers, be financially self-sustaining, and be able to navigate and master the digital era.
BASITA Fellowship will culminate in BAB ElBAHR Hybrid festival, where 20 performances will be produced for the selected performing arts groups and presented in a Hybrid format: live in theatres and virtually on Basita.live for audiences from different countries.
- Kick-off seminar (virtual): input on strategic planning in light of new technologies and digital and online marketing presence, in addition to an overview of institutional resilience and fundraising.
- One to one mentorship (face-to-face and virtual) with Basita founders and the selected mentors (industry professionals from the region) for 6 hours per month for a period of 10 months in addition to 10 hours per month of individual work/assignments.
- Monthly Case Clinics: two monthly group meetings to work on addressing a challenge.
- Monthly virtual check-ins, where the 20 groups will meet to share progress and report on the individual work/assignments and share recommendations from the Case Clinics.
- Closing Seminar (face-to-face in Egypt): Evaluation, feedback, presentation of their strategic plans and outcomes.
Applications are open to performing artists from the Middle East with a proven track record and working disciplines such as music, theatre, dance, and all types of spoken word.