Trans Europe Halles is one of the oldest and most dynamic cultural networks in Europe. They have been at the forefront of repurposing abandoned buildings for arts, culture and activism since 1983. The organisation is based in Sweden and has 127 members in 36 different countries across Europe – from Spain to Ukraine.
Trans Europe Halles
- Working groups:
News & resources
- News / Trans Europe Halles: Duct Tape and Dreams Mentoring ProgrammeThe young, daring and driven are invited to apply to Trans Europe Halles’ free 9 month mentoring programme ‘Duct tape and Dreams’ (running February - October 2023). Duct Tape and Dreams is a hands-on mentoring and capacity building programme for emerging artistic collectives that provides young and committed creatives with the necessary tools and expertise to build a sustainable future in the independent cultural sector.Closed
- News / Trans Europe Halles: Senior Project Manager / Researcher (Sweden)Trans Europe Halles is looking for a senior project manager / researcher to lead the Creative Europe ‘Cultural Transformation Movement’ project (Jan 2023 - Jan 2027). This is a four-year full-time position, based in Sweden with flexibility of 50% remote work. Start date is 1 February 2023.Closed
- News / Trans Europe Halles: International Resource Office Project Manager (Sweden)Trans Europe Halles (TEH) is a pan European network with more than 140 members in 40 European countries in every part of the continent initiated by citizens and artists. TEH is now looking for a motivated Project Manager to join its international team in Lund, Sweden, starting on 9 January 2023 (replacement parental leave 1.5 year).Closed
- News / Trans Europe Halles: Marketing and Communications Director (Sweden)Trans Europe Halles (TEH) is an international network with more than 140 members in 40 countries, initiated by citizens and artists. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Communications Director will play a key role in setting the strategy and promoting the Trans Europe Halles new brand.Closed
- News / Trans Europe Halles: Senior Project Manager (Sweden)Trans Europe Halles is looking for a senior international project manager to lead the Creative Europe project Rebuilding to Last (2022-2024). This is a two-year full-time (40 hours a week) appointment based in Lund, Sweden. Employment starts 1 April 2022.Closed
- Library / SHIFT Cultural Leadership Annotated BibliographyThe main goal of this annotated bibliography is to explore the concept of Cultural Leadership by adopting a community oriented understanding. Going beyond the idea of the leader as the sole enactor of change, it understands change as a transformational process that can be kickstarted by innovation entrepreneurs in touch with the organisational community.
- News / Trans Europe Halles: Managing Director (Sweden)Trans Europe Halles is looking for a driven and experienced leader to join its growing network. The Managing Director will lead on strategic development, financial, operational and HR management and organisational change, taking responsibility for the team in the delivery of TEH’s strategic objectives. This is a full-time position based in Lund, Sweden. Employment starts July 2021 (negotiable).Closed
- News / Trans Europe Halles > DISCE P2P Recovery Programme (Online / Cyprus)The DISCE P2P Recovery Programme is designed to engage stakeholders within Cultural and Creative Industries in Cyprus, Greece, Italy and Spain with developing sustainable and inclusive creative economies in the EU. PRP will initially offer consultancy and matchmaking to participants, with opportunities to come together later in 2021 for an online event and a co-creation lab in Nicosia, Cyprus.Closed
- News / Trans Europe Halles > Online Cultural Leadership CourseTrans Europe Halles is launching a free online course, which is exclusively designed for network members, associates and TEH Startup Support Programme participants. Navigating through the Covid-19 crisis can be very tough, therefore TEH and their selected course coaches are here to provide support. Coaches will analyse your situation and will give you personalised advice and guidance on how to build resilience and perhaps even come out stronger on the other side of the current storm. Deadline: 20 May 2020.Closed
- Library / Trans Europe Halles Website - ResourcesThe Resource section of Trans Europe Halles’ website collects and shares experiences, tools and knowledge by and for independent cultural operators, on several issues. Find out more, browse the resources and suggest what you want to see published!
- Library / THE LIFT Handbook - Sharing Experiences of a Youth Exchange Network ProjectThe network project The Lift offered the opportunity to young people involved in TEH centers to volunteer in another center via the mobility scheme European Voluntary Service. The aim of the handbook is to offer a tool for other organisations that would like to start similar EVS projects in the future.