The Roberto Cimetta Fund is an international non-profit organisation created in 1999 to respond rapidly and directly to individual artists and cultural managers wishing to travel in order to develop contemporary artistic cooperation projects in the Euro-Arab geographical zone and beyond. It is the mobility fund for artists and cultural operators in Europe, the Arab world and the Middle East. Since 2014, RCF has also been providing support grants for venues, platforms and networks in the Arab geographical zone exclusively.
Roberto Cimetta Fund
News & resources
- News / Roberto Cimetta Fund: General Fund for Cultural and Artistic MobilityThis call for applications for a travel grant is dedicated to women artists and cultural professionals from the southern and eastern shores of the Mediterranean, who are willing to travel within the southern Mediterranean region for south-south mobility (North Africa and the Middle East). The mobility must be completed before September 2023.Closed
- Library / Report of the Arab-Balkan Exchange PlatformThe Roberto Cimetta Fund (RCF) organised the “Arab-Balkan - platform for exchange” on 11th September 2013 in Belgrade in the framework of the YUropa conference coordinated by the Serbian Cultural Contact Point. Read the report online and discover more about the RCF’ initiative of a knowledge sharing forum.
- Library / Madarat - Platform for Exchange: Summary of the DebatesThe Roberto Cimetta Fund (RCF), is publishing the summary of the debates during the ‘Madarat - platform for exchange’ on 21st November 2012 at the Institut français de Beyrouth. This meeting grouped together 55 artists, operators, journalists, institutional representatives, experts and Board members of RCF and regional members of the Istikshaf platform from 21 countries.
- Library / Measuring the Impact of a Mobility GrantRoberto Cimetta Fund is pleased to publish an assessment on the impact of mobility. This assessment is a necessary follow-up, in the collaboration RCF have undertaken with regional and local partners, to define strategies for transnational artistic mobility.
- Library / International Artistic Mobility and Territorial DiplomacyThis document is the first step in discussing and identifying local and regional strategies to develop transnational artistic mobility.
- Library / Study on the Profile of Artistic and Cultural Professionals in South MediterraneanThe study on the profile of artistic and cultural professionals in non-EU Mediterranean countries (Étude sur le Profil des professionnels artistiques et culturels en Méditerranée non Européenne) deals with legal and social aspects related to the work of artists and cultural operators in the region.
- Library / Made in the Med: The Challenges of Artistic Exchange in the MediterraneanMediterranean region. Made in the Med: The Challenges of Artistic Exchange in the Mediterranean, a publication on mobility in the Mediterranean area published in English & French by the Roberto Cimetta Fund, is available to download.
- Library / Mobility in the Euromed Area - Roberto Cimetta Fund Conference ReportMobility conferences in the Euromediterranean area were held in May 2006 in Fez, Morocco, organised by the Roberto Cimetta Fund. Full conference report in French & English can be downloaded.