Plovdiv 2019 Foundation > ADATA AIR (Bulgaria) > Open call for residencies
Plovdiv 2019 Foundation launches an artist-in-residence programme – ADATA AiR – in the city of Plovdiv. The residency aims to give a space for a creative exchange that fosters intercultural dialogue and interaction. The platform is open to artists, architects, designers, etc., from Europe to join the special pre-capital-of-culture stage.
During their stay, the residents will have the opportunity to develop new projects and interact with local communities and the complex cultural realities of the city.
ADATA AiR is a project of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation, realized in partnership with the Goethe-Institute in Bulgaria and the Polish Institute in Sofia.
The focus of the residency programme is the urban landscape of the city. It is basically divided into the following two sections:
• Nature-culture relations within the city: the river passing through the city and a wild island in it and also the city’s seven hills are some of its landmarks.
• Architectural layering: a mixture of styles and epochs, having some remarkable examples of Modernist, Soviet, Bauhaus architecture as well as an intriguing heritage of industrial and religious buildings, and even some illegal community-created structures.
The ADATA AiR programme offers to its residents the opportunity to further develop their projects, after finishing their residency stay. Up to 15 of all residents’ projects will be realized during the following year - in 2019, as part of the official program of Plovdiv – ECOC 2019.
▪ Living space for the residents - private rooms in shared apartments
▪ Shared Studio (allowing at least 2 different artists to work at the same time)
▪ Event space - for screenings, exhibitions, conference/meeting/presentation room
▪ Couches and social areas
▪ Free Internet access
▪ Basic materials and tools
▪ Practical advice for research and production details
All the above-mentioned facilities are free to the residents and are provided by the organizer.
The organizers will cover:
▪ Travel expenses - for the trip to Plovdiv and back
▪ Living expenses: 560 BGN (approximately 280 EURO) per 2-weeks period per person
Deadline: 31 May 2018