Siena Art Institute Summer Residency Programme (Italy)
The Siena Art Institute’s Summer Residency Programme awards accomplished professional artists & writers the opportunity to stay for a month in the beautiful historic city of Siena, in the heart of Tuscany, Italy.
The month-long residency grants resident artists space and uninterrupted time to pursue their own independent projects, as well as the opportunity to explore the area of Siena, and interact with the local community.
Resident Artists are provided:
- A private studio at The Siena Art Institute for four weeks.
- A private studio apartment in downtown Siena for their month-long stay (one double bed).
- Compensation for flight to and from Italy from country of residence.
In turn, Resident Artists are asked to give back to the Siena Art Institute in several ways:
- Presenting a public talk about their work upon arrival in Siena.
- Interacting with our programme participants through an organised activity, such as an afternoon master-class or critiques of student work.
While not required, Resident Artists are also invited to:
- Hold at one or more open studios/exhibitions/performances/screenings during their residency.
- Lead workshops with the Siena Art Institute’s summer programme participants or members of the local community.
The Siena Art Institute’s Summer Residents are a valuable component of our programming, providing insight and inspiration to our programme participants and the local community through the addition of their expertise, energy, and unique perspectives.
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2014.
Find all the details online.
This information came via OTM member Res Artis.