National Artistic Identity in Dance - registrations open for the keðjaKlaipeda meeting next June!
Registration is now open for the 9th keðja Encounter which takes place in Klaipeda, Lithuania from June 13th - 16th under the headline: National Artistic Identity in Dance.
Anyone who is interested in developing the contemporary dance scene is welcome to join!
keðjaKlaipeda: National Artistic Identity in Dance
The contemporary dance arena in the Baltic-Nordic region is one of the most diverse dance scenes in Europe. However processes of EU expansion, globalization and the international “nature” of the dance scene creates conditions that enhances the loss of national distinction in a work.
• Can contemporary art be influenced by/get local flavor and relate itself to local identity? And if it does, then by what means and techniques do we emphasize our uniqueness?
• How can unique expression in a work be present and the work at the same time communicate widely?
• National artistic identity in dance – myth, speculation or real need?
These are some of the questions that will be targeted in Klaipeda.
Headlines from the preliminary programme (all tbc):
- Key note and discussion on National Identity & Art
- Panel Discussion ”Exporting Identity”
- Sessions for producers etc. and dance artists: ”Identifying Audiences” and ” Identity as a mean of artistic collaboration”
- Dance workshops
- keðja Writing Movement workshop
- Other workshops and pre-meetings of smaller networks tbc.
- Performances in the city, nature and urban sites
- Baltic Bubble festival
- Presentations of other kedja activities such as keðja Think Tanks and keðja Mentoring Scheme
- Formal and informal networking opportunities
- Boat ride and Party
keðjaKlaipedas main Encounter activities take place from 14:00 on Thursday June 13, however for people arriving early or the day before there will be options for dance workshops etc. in the morning of June 13th.
The Encounter ends late Saturday June 15th with a nice boat ride, a dinner and an evening party.
Deadline for registration: 20 March.
Find all the details online.
For other keðja activities do check:
- the Wilderness blog
- info about the keðja Mentoring Scheme
- info about keðja Writing Movement
And don`t forget to sign up for our newsletter on www.kedja.net
What is keðja?
· keðja is Nordic-Baltic dance meetings in the form of Encounters as well as other activities related to the development of contemporary dance. See www.kedja.net
· keðja is for anyone interested in taking a closer look at how contemporary dance is organized and works in the Nordic-Baltic countries and beyond.
· keðja is for people who want to co-operate across borders to create better circumstances for the art of contemporary dance, and thereby stimulate and develop the art of dance.
· keðja is the Old Norse and Icelandic word for chain and is highly associated with the old Nordic chain dances that are still being danced. The name symbolizes our aim to connect, attach, encircle and move outwards, as well as to strengthen already existing networks.
This opportunity came through Dansehallerne