Job opening at Asia Art Archive
Asia Art Archive is a non-profit organisation dedicated to documenting the recent history of art in Asia. Reflecting its belief in preservation through sharing, AAA is focused on increasing digital access to the information in its collection and connecting with other knowledge networks and platforms. AAA’s collection includes books and catalogues, audiovisual material, rare periodicals, and individual archives and it continues to grow through systematic research. AAA’s website is an interactive platform for research that offers broad search capabilities. It features an online catalogue of AAA’s collection which holds over 35,000 records; the Collection Online, a growing digital archive of primary source material culled by researchers, as well as interactive tools for research which encourage information generating and sharing.
The Digital Communications Manager and Content Editor will work with AAA to maximise the potential of AAA’s website and its digital archive.
The role will include:
- Working closely with the library and IT teams to enhance the back-end of the website including the content management system and library and digital collections database as a tool for research;
- Working with the library and IT teams to enrich the user experience on the website and digital collections user-experience;
- Taking an editorial role in managing, producing, and coordinating the content and design of the website;
- Working with the Communications team to communicate AAA's activities and programmes, its vision, identity, and its research contents holistically through the website;
- Maximise the visibility of AAA via search engines and social media platforms;
- Develop productive networks and inter-connectivity with like-minded resources and digital platforms.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in creative website development (both textual and image contents), website content development, website management and digital campaign planning;
- Knowledge of digital technology and social media practices ;
- Knowledge of online brand-building and digital media;
- Knowledge of academic research resources and technologies, particularly in the humanities;
- Understanding of online user behaviour, particularly within academic research;
- Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills, capable of building strong working relationshipsand will enjoy working in a dynamic environment;
- Interest in contemporary art;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Previous experience working in a non-profit art organisation will be valued. This will ideally be a full-time position but part-time might be considered. Please send resume with references and salary requirements to: email@example.com by 17 March 2013. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Check the direct web-link.