Roberto Cimetta Fund - travel grants Europe - Meditarranean - call open
The Roberto Cimetta Fund is launching the second 2013 open call for travel grants 2013. Artists and cultural operators living and working in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa can apply in Arabic, English or French. Priority is given to mobility from the South and East of these regions.
The General Fund is open to all requests for travel grants that respect the eligibility criteria of RCF, whatever the destination of travel, the artistic discipline or the direction of mobility. The General Fund functions on an annual basis which means that candidates can apply for the March session and to the other sessions in June and September depending on the funding available.
The following general criteria of RCF apply:
1) The aim of your trip must directly or indirectly show potential for a constructive and long-term impact on the arts sector in the Mediterranean basin. This means that your travel must contribute to your own capacity building, which in turn can be shared in a “networking” fashion that will benefit connecting artists and operators in your own country or region so as to maintain, renew and develop contemporary arts.
2) New criteria: Your trip can take place as soon as the call opens but in this case you run the risk of buying your ticket without knowing if the application is successful or not.
3) Applicant’s profile
- No nationality or age criteria: Applicant lives or works in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Profession: performers, creators, teachers, cultural organisers, administrators, project leaders.
- Financial means: applicants who are unable to find the financial resources themselves.
4) Applications must be made by individuals not organisations. Only 3 members of a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project. A grant holder can only reapply twice. Applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and visa costs (local transport, per diems and accommodation costs are not reimbursed).
The results are announced as follows:
Second session: 1st June 2013 (Deadline for receiving applications: 31/03/2013)
Third session: 1st September 2013 (Deadline for receiving applications: 30/06/2013)
Fourth session: 1st December 2013 (Deadline for receiving applications: 30/09/2013)
Applications open between 1 and 31 March.
Find all the details online.