Objectifs (Singapore) - Residency and Lab
Objectifs- Center for Photography and Filmmaking in Singapore welcomes all genres of film and photographer including, but not limited to:
• Film: documentary, narrative, experimental, video art
• Photography: documentary, fine art, conceptual, photojournalism
• Mixed media artists who incorporate photography or film into their work
The residency period is 6 weeks, allowing artists time to develop and complete their projects. Artists can work on existing projects. Artists are selected based on their experience, portfolio, submitted project proposal and recommendations.
During the residency period, the artist is expected to:
• Share work-in-progress through discussions, screenings, exhibitions, keeping Objectifs updated on project progress;
• Conduct up to 6 hours of workshops or seminars per week, tailored to the artist’s area of specialty;
• Showcase their completed project at the end of the residency period, e.g. in the form of an exhibition or screening.
There are no restrictions on nationalities, but residents are responsible for applying for a valid tourist or social visitor’s pass.
Residents will be provided:
• Stipend of S$1,000 for the residency period;
• Material fee of up to S$1,000 for the residency project (reimbursable with receipts);
• Travel subsidy of up to S$1,000 to contribute to airfare (reimbursable with receipts);
• Basic accommodation for the residency period.
Artists are welcome to use the facilities/services at Objectifs for their residency project. This includes:
• iMac G5 with Final Cut Pro HD and Adobe Photoshop CS;
• B&W Darkroom with chemicals (rental offered at discounted rates);
• Panasonic HD AVCCAM;
• A3+ inkjet printer (printing offered at discounted rates);
• Access to interns, assistants or local crews (artist will be responsible for logistics/relevant payment).
Deadline on 15 March 2013. For more information, please click here.