Open call for a residency at CAPACETE/São Paulo (Brazil)
A 4 month residency for artists, curators and critics at CAPACETE's residency in São Paulo (Brazil), in 2012.
CAPACETE/Goethe is an international residency for German artists in São Paulo, Brazil. Its goal is to foster new relationships, cultural exchange and creative production, as well as linking artists with the leading contemporary art context and institutions in the city of São Paulo.
- No age limit;
- All travel and living costs are covered by the program + 24 Eruos/day as perdiems;
- The application is open to individuals and groups;
- No budget for production is offered - this is a reflection and process based residency;
- A workshop and/or a public open talk is requested;
- Candidates that are not of german origin can apply, nevertheless it has to be proven that they live for at least three years in germany.
CAPACETE/Goethe is dedicated to supporting its resident artists in their projects and in the creation of new works of art through 4-month long research-residencies. All of the artists’ expenses are covered, including airfare. They will be introduced to the local art scene through a program of meetings, studio visits and talks. The selected artists are expected to hold public presentations of their work, to be designed according to the agenda of CAPACETE and Goethe.
Application deadline: 30/04/2012
Selection result: end of may 2012; residency period: september/december 2012.
Find all the details and the application form on CAPACETE's website.