Call for artists in residence at ComPeung, Thailand
ComPeung is the first non-government artist-in-residence programme in Thailand. Our residency program is designed for local, international artists, and creative individuals to live and work together with the ComPeung Team and the local communities through the process of creating artworks, developing conceptual projects as well as participating in workshops and other ComPeung activities.
ComPeung, combining the two words com(a remark) and peung(appropriate), derives from Northern Thai Lanna language. Our vision and mission for ComPeung are to create those appropriate remarks, suitable to the situations, environments, and communities we deal with. Since July 2005 and with the support of the residing artists, the creative community, our friends and families, the idea of ComPeung has become a lived reality. The ComPeung team, Pisithpong Siraphisut & Helen Michaelsen, aspires to live up to the truest sense of the meaning of ComPeung.
We are calling for applications for 2 ComPeung Grants 2012 for a 1 month AiR @ ComPeung.
Each of the 2 grants covers:
- Air ticket to/from artist's home country
- Transportation to/from Chiang Mai International Airport
- Small artist fee
- 3 home-cooked meals per day
Disciplines & Media (open list)
· Visual Arts, Media, Architecture, Performing Arts, Literature, Music
Eligibility & Conditions:
- Individual artists as well as artist duos are eligible to apply. Artist groups (max. 3 people)
can also apply but we won't be able to fully fund the travel expenses for the whole group.
- At the end of the grant residency we expect the grant beneficiaries to present their
outcomes in form of a public presentation/lecture.
- The period for the 2 residencies is fixed and scheduled for October 2012, which is not
Find out all the details on ComPeung website and apply by 31 May.