Point of Departure - Open call for artists and curators
British Council in partnership with ArtSchool Palestine and Delfina Foundation are pleased to invite curators and artists from the UK and Palestine to apply for two-month residencies in Palestine with ArtSchool Palestine and in London with Delfina Foundation.
Points of Departure (PoD) aims to encourage creative exchange between Palestine and the UK and to provide an opportunity for research, public engagement, and the production of new artworks to be showcased in London and Palestine in 2013. Six artists will be selected to take part in this project, three from Palestine and three based in the UK. Additionally, one curator from Palestine and one curator from the UK will be selected to support the production and curation of the resultant exhibition.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
• Currently living and working in either Palestine and the UK;
• Seeking a career defining opportunity to research and produce a bold, seminal project;
• Able to demonstrate achievement or great potential in visually articulating ground-breaking and critically engaged ideas and concepts in an innovative and collaborative way;
• Able to work in an engaged fashion involving the general public;
• Resourceful and accomplished at working in a cost-effective way;
• Open to collaborations and producing ideas in partnership with others;
• Can demonstrate how the experience of an international residency may benefit his/her practice and career development;
• Proficient in English.
There are two separate application forms and processes for curators and artists.
To download the specific application form and for more information visit the Delfina Foundation website.
Deadline: 10 March for curators, 16 March for artists