Ulysses Ensemble 2019 - call for young European musicians
Inspired by the grand tours of classical musicians travelling through Europe and the goals of training and enriching the practices of young musicians, the ULYSSES Network brings together 13 European institutions for the promotion and professionalization of young composers. With the ULYSSES Ensemble, the ULYSSES Network reached a new peak last year, concentrating its efforts on young performers in the domain of contemporary classical music. The ULYSSES Ensemble will tour from June through July 2019, visiting several European academies (Snape Maltings, ManiFeste, Fondation Royaumont).
The ULYSSES Ensemble consists of 14 musicians: 1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone, 1 piano, 1 percussion, 2 violins, 1 viola, 1 cello, 1 double bass.
3 musicians will join the ensemble to participate in 1 or 2 stops: 1 clarinet (Stops 2 & 3), 1 saxophone (Stop 3), 1 percussion (Stops 2 & 3)
• Applicants must be born after January 1, 1987
• Applicants must reside in Europe (no travel fees outside Europe can be reimbursed)
• Applicants must be able to speak and understand English
• APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR THE ENSEMBLE MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL STOPS. EVERY TIME, MUSICIANS ARRIVE THE DAY BEFORE AND DEPART THE DAY AFTER. No late arrivals or early departures are permitted. No absences during these periods are permitted.
• Travel fees incurred within Europe, housing expenses (double or triple room depending on the stop), and meals (restaurant, catering, or perdiems depending on the stop) will be paid for applicants selected for the ensemble
• Applicants selected for the ensemble have no registration fees to pay
Deadline: 22 January 2019