„Scholars in Residence 2012/2013“ as part of the transformation partnership
Based on the transformation processes underway in the region of North Africa/Middle East, the Goethe-Institut aims to encourage intercultural dialogue and cultural exchange in the scope of the transformation partnership and lastingly reinforce relations between Germany and Egypt, Tunisia, and Morocco.
The Goethe-Institut, the Kulturwissenschaftliche Institut Essen and the Zentrum für Mittelmeerstudien are looking for young academics from the countries of Egypt, Germany, Morocco, and Tunisia for the exchange project Scholars in Residence. The call for applications addresses young academics from the humanities, the cultural, and the social sciences.
The research themes for 2012/2013 as part of the transformational partnership are:
- Culture and Climate Change
- Culture and Conflict/Memory Culture
- (Urban) Culture and Public Space
- Migration and Integration
- Science, Culture and Digital Media / Intellectual Property
- PhD students and Postdocs
- Fluency in English (German is not required for participation)
Residency duration: six to eight weeks
Residency dates: mid-October-December 2012: Residency in Germany for foreign participants; mid-January-March 2013: Residency in the host country for German participants
- Travel expenses: All participants will be reimbursed for round-trip tickets to the host country
- Accomodation in the host country
- daily allowance of € 350.00 per week
Please apply by June 30, 2012.