International visas and taxation: a guide for performing arts organisations in Australia and New Zealand
This guide helps navigate the sometimes complex processes surrounding visas, work permits and taxes when preparing to tour internationally. Dedicated to Australian and New Zealand performing arts companies touring worlwide, it contains useful information for artists of all countries and disciplines on target countries in Europe, Asia, Latin and North America.
Each year hundreds of Australian and New Zealand artists perform overseas. The guide provides links to sources of information, some written for the cultural sector and other more general websites. It also includes case studies that feature ways in which arts companies and producers actually operate and some of the problems they encounter.
The guide was initiated and developed by the Australia Council for the Arts and Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa in response to the needs of the artists and arts organisations they work with. It was researched and written by Sophie Travers and Linda Sastradipradja.
It focuses on the regions identified by Australian and New Zealand performing arts companies as high priorities:
• Australia and New Zealand
• Asia – China, Hong Kong, Japan, Republic of Korea, Macau, Singapore, Taiwan
• Europe – Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
• Latin America – Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
• North America – Canada and the United States of America