Košice – UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts is offering media artists a two-month stay in Košice this autumn (16 October – 16 December 2022). The open call is limited to the artists who are either born, live or work in any of the UNESCO Creative Cities. The residency is organised by the NGO Creative Industry Košice – a focal point of UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts, and by K.A.I.R. Košice Artist in Residence.
This specific residency seeks to create space for a media artist from one of the UNESCO Creative Cities to develop his/her own artistic project. The residency is an opportunity to create a new project or to continue work on something in development by shifting its perspective and embracing the topic for the open call, ‘Behavioural Change’.
- What changes does technology bring to our understanding of moral, social, and political actions?
- How does it affect the body of action itself, the perception of activity, the horizon of perceived possibilities – what is possible, what is moral, what is desirable, and how are we expected to act, interact and engage in our lives and lives of our communities, because of technology and by technology?
- How does this change of behaviour powered by technology affect the notion of our communities, of our togetherness, of our humanity?
The organisers offer:
- Scholarship 2000 EUR.
- Transport costs to and from Košice.
- Accommodation in Košice.
- Access to the studio at KAIR.
- Budget for technical production (up to 4000 EUR).
- An opportunity to participate in the art and community life of the city and to promote own work in Košice.