The cultural centre Malý Berlín and City of Trnava are looking for Slovak or foreign architects, urban planners, and researchers to undertake a residency from October – December 2023. Applicants will receive opportunities to work on a selected topic, get to know the local context, and propose a solution in direct collaboration with the main architect of the city of Trnava and his department. At the end of residency, the candidate will present their ideas and work to the public.
Candidates can choose from these two topics:
- Excluded communities – the housing solution for the Roma minority.
- Living City – adaptation of socialist housing estates to climate change.
The selected candidate will work in theoretical and/or practical disciplines. The residency is best suited to applicants with a clearly developed focus and/or approach who can work independently.
Open call is aimed at architects, urban planners, and researchers from diverse backgrounds, educations, experiences, and aspirations. Previous experience with international projects are not necessary but can be an advantage.
The residency offers:
- A scholarship of 1000 € per month (3000 € in total)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to 500 €.
- Accommodation during the residency.
- Networking opportunities with the local scene.
- The opportunity for the resident to present their work, interests, activities and ideas to the public,
- Full access to city office departments, especially territorial development and planning department, building and environmental (Odbor územného rozvoja a koncepcií).