FAKI Festival – International Festival of Alternative Theatrical Expression is calling for artists, activists, researchers and theatre critics to participate in its next edition happening in Zagreb, Croatia in May 2023.
In a world that too often confuses love and violence, we need to ask ourselves: how can we live in a deeper, respectful relationship with each other and with our planet?
The 26th edition of FAKI Festival of Alternative Theatrical Expression enacts the theme of RADICAL LOVE, touching a yearning we all have. Love is a vital pulse in our lives. And yet, the strength of our desire for it rarely leads us to radically change the way we love. No matter how committed we are to love, our efforts seem to resemble a wishful fantasy.
FAKI Festival invites proposals for plays, physical theatre, contemporary dance and circus, performances for children, site-specific performances, slam poetry, manifestos, lecture-performances, short films, installations, workshops, or any other forms of expression. They are open to all genres, formats and durations and consider work in progress and finished creations as equal. Proposals for short (one-week) residencies for development are also welcome.
FAKI Festival covers:
- Travel costs up to 200€ for individuals and up to 400€ for groups, with preference given to sustainable means of transport (bus, train, shared car).
- Subsistence – shared accommodation on-site at Medika and healthy vegan lunches during the festival.
- Basic technical support (light, sound, and other wonders).
- Photo and video documentation of the performances.
- Public relations and media presence via the festival network.
- Rehearsal space / residency (if needed).
- Dramaturgy support and/or feedback (if needed).
Artist and other guest fees / production costs unfortunately cannot be covered due to limited financial resources. The festival will work together with their guests to find funding from other sources (via letters of support or other means).