Centre d’arts Fernand Léger (Port-de-Bouc), Artistes en résidence (Clermont-Ferrand), LE PORT DES CRÉATEURS (Toulon), members of Arts en résidence - National network, are offering a curator and/or art critic the opportunity to take part in a nomadic residency programme across France, which will allow him/her to travel to these three venues during different stays.
Set up by Arts en résidence - National network in 2016, the nomadic curatorial residency regularly offers an exhibition curator or art critic the opportunity to be hosted by several of the network’s structures during different trips.
This nomadic residency is to be considered as a meeting and networking residency with artists and other art world professionals in each area. Each structure will facilitate these meetings. The candidate therefore agrees to be available to meet and dialogue with the local scenes and contexts offered by each of the venues.
Timeline (details to be arranged with the selected curator:
- Le Centre d’arts Fernand Léger in Port-de-Bouc: 15 days between 15 September – 31 October 2023.
- Artistes en résidence in Clermont-Ferrand: 15 days between November – December 2023.
- LE PORT DES CRÉATEURS in Toulon: 15 days between December 2023 – January 2024, outside French school holidays.
The selected curator and/or art critic will receive:
- A total allowance of €3000, including VAT, corresponding to €1000 in fees per residency period, paid by the host structures.
- Travel expenses up to a maximum of €1500 paid by the Arts en Residence - National network (covering the travel costs for the entire residency in the 3 structures).
In each of the venues, the curator will benefit from:
- A dedicated workspace with a desk and internet connection.
- Personalised mentoring by a member of each structure and general support from the Arts en Residence network.