Frame Contemporary Art Finland > Curatorial residencies in Helsinki 2020
Every year, the Helsinki International Curatorial Programme (HICP) offers residencies in Helsinki for curators of contemporary art. The programme is co-organised by Frame Contemporary Art Finland and HIAP – Helsinki International Artist Programme.
The aims of the programme are two-fold: to help internationally active, professional curators connect with the local contemporary art scene and plan projects in collaboration with artists and partner organisations in Finland; and to support curatorial research in its diverse and emergent forms. They will also contribute to Frame’s public programme Rehearsing Hospitalities.
The HICP curators-in-residence will live and work at HIAP’s international residency centre on the island of Suomenlinna, a 15 minute ferry-trip away from the centre of Helsinki. The length of the curatorial residency is one calendar month. In 2020, the residencies will be organised as follows:
- April 2020: two one-month curator residencies
- September 2020: two one-month curator residencies
The selected residents for spring 2020 will have a possibility to contribute to Frame’s programme for autumn 2020 by engaging with a local artist (residents selected for April 2020 are offered the possibility to return to Helsinki for a second visit).
Applicants should have at least 2-3 years professional experience in curating (relevant, formal education is not obligatory but can be considered an advantage), either within an institutional context or independently.
HICP offers resident curators:
- A combined workspace and accommodation.
- A working grant (39 euros per residency day) and a travel allowance from and to the curator’s place of residence.
- Individualised assistance and networking support from Contemporary Art Finland and HIAP – Helsinki International Artist Programme, tailored to their project or research.
Deadline: 31 October 2019 (11:59 pm, GMT +2).