Schaufler Residency @ TU Dresden (Germany)
An artist in residence position is open, starting at the earliest possible date and continuing for a 6-month period, in the Office for Academic Heritage, a major division of the TU Dresden. The position is for the Schaufler Lab@TU Dresden, co-financed by The Schaufler Foundation and the TU Dresden.
At the Schaufler Lab@TU Dresden, researchers and artists engage in an exploration of the interactions among technology, art, science and entrepreneurship. The focus is primarily on technology as a resource, as a means of distribution and as an element of discourse. In the first of three planned funding periods (2019–2022), the Lab’s guiding theme is “Artificial Intelligence and Social Transformation.”
The topic sets the stage for research, artistic activity and communication with the wider public regarding the relationship between technological developments and social and cultural change from the perspective of the humanities and social sciences. The Schaufler Lab@TU Dresden includes 10 positions for doctoral students and an artist in residence program.
The organisers would like to give committed, internationally active artists the unique opportunity to work in a collaborative community of researchers and students and to use the university’s resources for artistic and creative projects for a 6-month period.
The Schaufler Residency at the TU Dresden includes:
• Access to a competitive array of institutes and workshops for artistic research
• A stipend of 3,000.00 euro (net) a month for 6 months (that can be used for other expenses like travels)
• A workspace or studio at the TU Dresden
• Production support
• Solo exhibition at the conclusion of the residency with a catalogue by a respected fine arts publishing house
• Assistance finding accommodation
• Optional purchase of one or more pieces produced during the residency for the TU Dresden Office for Academic Heritage’s art collection
Deadline: 30 November 2019