Sapporo Tenjinyama Art Studio_2019-2020 > s(k)now (Japan)
Sapporo Tenjinyama Art Studio is organising an international open call for an artists in Residence project entitled “s(k)now” with the following keywords: Winter, Snow, and the Subarctic.
One artist or one group of artists will be invited in an “Exhibition Program” and an “Artist-in-School Program” for each. In their encounters with culture in Sapporo and Hokkaido as well as exchange with locals, artists will be invited to develop and explore their ideas through work based on the project keywords Winter, Snow, and the Subarctic.
The organisers will assist participants in mastering a plan, research and production during the residency. For this edition, the organisers are implementing an Exhibition Program, Artist-in-School Program and Exchange Program with Kwangju, Republic of Korea and Taidong, Taiwan within 2019-2020 s(k)now project supported by Agency for Cultural Affairs Government of Japan. They are theerfore expecting incidental encounters among those artists. They look forward to receiving enthusiastic applications from artists and creators interested in media arts.
Selected artist(s) will be provided with:
1) An invitation letter from the City of Sapporo
2) Studio B rent (including bedding and heating expenses)
3) Necessary coordination for research and production
4) Travel cost (actual cost of 1 return trip from the country of residence to Sapporo, max. 150,000 JPY)
5) Living expenses (for meals, daily life and research) 300,000 JPY / 60 days
6) Actual cost of presentation expenses upto 100,000 JPY.
7) Personal dialogue with Selection Committee
8) Arrangement of translation volunteers, coordination with institutions and organizations.
Deadline: 8 September 2019