Trans Europe Halles > Start Up Support Programme
Trans Europe Halles calls for emerging civic initiatives with a focus on arts, culture and creativity that are located in re-purposed buildings to participate in the third edition of the Startup Support Programme. This time TEH is looking for initiatives in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
In TEH vision, a startup is a civic initiative that is situated in a re-purposed (industrial) building with a focus on creativity, arts and culture along with a Do-It-Yourself / Do-It-Together (DIY/DIT) approach. It is still in its preliminary phase, but is already self-sufficient (either economically or due to people’s dedication), though not yet sustainable.
You can apply if:
You are not a TEH Member or Associate yet.
You are located in one of the three eligible countries mentioned above.
You are legally established as an organisation.
You are repurposing a building for creative, cultural and artistic uses.
You have a legal agreement – or you are in negotiation – with the owner of the building about its future use.
Your organisation has been operating inside the building for less than two years, or you are planning to work in it in 2020.
What is offered:
• A scoping visit of two international experts, who have founded and run their own cultural and creative spaces. This visit aims to become familiar with your work and define what will be the best way to collaborate with Trans Europe Halles. After the scoping visit, a group of peers will work with you to address your main challenges. According to your needs, the outcomes will vary among developing a strategic plan, working on your organisational model, planning of renovating your building and community development.
• Situation analysis and organisational diagnosis.
• Coaching from TEH peers until July 2020, including a tailor-made workshop at your centre.
• Your case to be included in a publication about the programme.
• Access to a vibrant community of like-minded organisations in Europe.
• Become a TEH Associate for two years.
Deadline: 1 September 2019