Thalie Foundation and Evens Foundation > European Chronicles > Open call for artists and writers
The Fondation Thalie and the Evens Foundation are launching a call for a research and production residency for the period of 2019 – 2020.
The call aims at creating a collaboration between a visual artist and a writer, who are invited to propose a collective project engaging with challenges that Europe faces today and envisioning perspectives for its future. The artist and writer duo may be an already established partnership or formed specifically for the call.
The research themes may include but not limited to:
• Identities and different forms of belonging in contemporary Europe
• Resurgence of nationalisms and redefinition of borders
• New forms of political communities, struggles and solidarities
The selected duo will receive:
• Artist fees of 1,500 euros for each candidate
• A production grant of up to 8000 euros for the collective project
• A workspace and accommodation provided by the Fondation Thalie in Brussels (if necessary)
The final presentation of the project may take the form of a publication or an exhibition at the Fondation Thalie in Brussels, as well as at a partner venue in France.
The candidates are encouraged to develop an itinerant or relocated project; the residency should not nec- essarily take place in Brussels.
The call is addressed to artists and authors of all nationalities based in Europe, without age restriction. Candidates must speak French and / or English. The literary work may be produced in any European language; translation into French and English will be envisioned for the final exhibition and / or publication.
Deadline: 15 September 2019 (from 1 June)