BOZAR (Belgium), Naples University - Frederic II (Italy) & Mies van der Rohe Foundation (Spain) > Open call for residencies
Are you a visual artist, architect, writer or performer living in the European Union who is passionate about architectural heritage?
BOZAR (Belgium), Naples University - Frederic II (Italy) and the Mies van der Rohe Foundation (Spain) are launching an open call for residencies in 6 modern European houses. These are private homes with a notable architecture, rarely accessible to the public and whose former occupants were privileged witnesses to the cultural life of the 20th century.
Your mission? To tackle the following question during a two‑week residency: How can a contemporary artist help to preserve and highlight Europe's architectural heritage?
• an artist (visual artist, architect, filmmaker, writer, performer, etc.).
• residing in a country of the EU.
• interested in works of art related to the fields of architecture, conservation, and urban planning.
• willing to travel abroad for a residency
The residency will include
• accommodation for a period of max. 2 weeks in one of the houses selected in either Italy, Spain, Belgium or Romania. The artist will either sleep in the house or in an accommodation nearby, depending on the house.
• reimbursement of travel costs to the residency.
• a small budget for living expenses, production costs and artistic fees will be granted for each artist in residence.
• reimbursement of the artist's personal insurance for his stay in the house.
Deadline: 30 April 2019