Call For Proposals 2020 for The Green Carpet (Art Network for European Natural Areas)
The Green Carpet is a ‘laboratory’, where the artist and community are involved in co-creation, with the environment and sustainability in mind.
The organisers aim to:
• cultivate new relationships between multi-disciplinary artists and the communities in which they work;
• welcome different artforms and build sustainable practice where participants are involved, in shared decision-making;
• develop new partnerships;
• exchange skills hospitality and help artists develop their work with the public as part of
the creative process.
The project and call are related to 5 organisations that commission and present outdoor work together, sharing expertise, and resources. This network acts as a platform for artistic creation to support emerging artforms and particular site specific/responsive artistic practice, to develop new work connecting art and the environment.
The partners are: Activate Performing Arts, International Festival of Street Arts of Chassepierre, Le Citron Jaune - National Center of Street Arts and Public Space, Cirque Jules Verne - National Circus Pole and Street Arts d 'Amiens and the departmental area of Chamarande.
The organisers are looking for contemporary creation projects that:
1) are created for natural environments, rural areas, gardens/parks, water-scapes, woodlands and other outdoor spaces
2) will take into account or respond to how individuals and communities where the work is situated may use a particular space
3) can be from different disciplines associated with street arts, public art and outdoor arts (e.g. visual arts, installations, theater, dance, music, circus, performance, new media ...)
4) have a format that might be atypical: duration, distances diffused, time of the presentation/installation (daybreak, night ...), mixed with other fields (art-sciences, technologies).
The Green Carpet does not accept touring projects or existing creative adaptation.
In each place the period of residency includes:
• The partners' global financing (for the 5 residences) can go up to a maximum of 25,000 € (inclusive of taxes). This funding includes salaries, fees, transportation costs, equipment purchases, administrative costs, accommodation and food.
• Possible residency periods between the autumn of 2019 and the autumn of 2020.
The presenting periods in each place includes:
• International Festival of Street Arts Chassepierre: 22 and 23 August 2020
• Cirque Jules Verne - National Circus and Street Arts Center of Amiens, in the context of the Nomadic Confluences (programming on the Hauts-de-France region) or another event in the city of Amiens (between May to October 2020)
• Le Citron Jaune, as part of the Envies Rhônements 2020 season (between April and November)
• The Departmental Domain of Chamarande, as part of the 2020 cultural season (programming from May to September)
• Activate Performing Arts, during the Inside out Dorset festival, from 11 to 20 September 2020.
Deadline: 28 February 2019