CircusNextplus > Call for projects and circus creators > artistic and leadership program for emerging creators
Are you an emerging creator in the field of contemporary circus? Are you challenged by your “double-hat” position as artistic creator and project leader? CircusNextplus proposes artistic and leadership support to better face this challenge.
CircusNextplus is a new European project coordinated by Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe and carried out by La Grainerie (France), La Central del Circ (Spain), Cirqueon (Czech Republic), Latitude 50 (Belgium), and Subtopia (Sweden).
This new program aims at supporting emerging creators of contemporary circus in all aspects of their creation path as artistic directors and as project leaders. Five companies will be selected – one company from each country, and offered a 2-year European program to develop their skills as creators and as leaders.
When applying, applicants must:
• be emergent circus authors (there is no age limit but they must be more than 18)
• present a new creation project (a project that has already been created is not eligible; however the show may premiere during the support program)
• not be currently studying in a circus school (however no circus degree is required)
• be available for the 3 collective labs (see calendar below) and for 2 artistic team workshops
• be resident in Europe
Calendar and cost coverage:
3 Collective Labs (2 weeks each):
- First Collective Lab at Espace Périphérique in Paris (France): June 17-28, 2019
- Second Collective Lab at La Grainerie in Balma (France): October 12-23, 2020
- Third Collective Lab at Subtopia in Stockholm (Sweden): June 11-22, 2021
2 artistic team workshops (2 weeks each) - Between June 2019 and June 2021 in 2 of the partner countries
The project will cover all the labs and residencies expenses (travel, accommodation and per diem) for the selected companies.
Deadline: 19 December 2018